Online registration will close on Monday, October 20, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
We regret that walk-in registration is not available at this event due to federal building security restrictions.
The question is not if you will be compromised, but when. High-profile breaches coupled with the dramatic rise in mobile devices, digital applications and the vast amount of electronic data available for exploitation have raised cybersecurity to the forefront of technology, from the boardroom to the end user. Cybersecurity is now a shared responsibility – we’re all in this together.
Please join local visionaries and industry leaders for this full day conference to explore the current landscape of cybersecurity threats, new attacks on modern infrastructure, how to reduce risk, prepare for and respond to security breaches, and how to work with c-suite leadership on managing your company’s cybersecurity strategy.
KEYNOTE & KEYNOTE PANEL:
| || || |
| KEYNOTE PANEL|
Chief Security Officer
| KEYNOTE PANEL|
Deputy Program Manager
Office of the Program Manager,
Information Sharing Environment Washington, D.C.
| KEYNOTE PANEL |
Supervisory Special Agent
Federal Bureau of Investigation
| || || || |
Network Services Group
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
| Caleb Barlow|
VP, Mobile Security
Secretary of Housing and Economic Development
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Director, Security Evaluations
Chief Security Officer,
Global Supply Chain
Cisco Systems, Inc.
| || || |
Chief Technology Officer
VP / Founding Team
| Jim O’Neill|
Chief Information Officer
|Rich Perkett |
Vice President, Product Management & Engineering
Editor in Chief
Senior Director of Product Management for Cloud
| || || || |
| Jon Stavis|
VP, Software Development & Product Management, Information
Security & Risk
Deloitte & Touche LLP
| Chris Wysopal|
Co-Founder & CTO
| Ron Zalkind|
CTO and Co-Founder
CPE & ISACA Credits Available!
|MassTLC is an Official (ISC)2 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Submitter. This course is eligible toward the certification maintenance requirements. A sign-in sheet will be available onsite to register for credit. Please bring your (ISC)2 member number. |
For attendees seeking Continuing Professional Education credits through ISACA, a certificate of attendance will be provided. ISACA does not accredit external events, but may use the certificate of attendance for individual submission for CPE credits.
* In our continued effort to bring you the most up-to-date program, session topics are subject to change.
| 8:30 AM||Registration and Networking Breakfast |
| 9:00 AM||Welcome and Introductions|
| 9:20 AM||Keynote Panel: State of Cybersecurity and Information Sharing Organizations
The question is not IF you will be compromised, but WHEN. Learn about the current landscape of cybersecurity threats, new types of attacks on modern infrastructure, and how to reduce risk, prepare for and respond to security breaches, and how information sharing organizations, public and private, are working together to combat these threats.
• Gerald Beuchelt, Chief Security Officer, Demandware
• Michael Howell, Deputy Program Manager, Office of the Program Manager, Information Sharing
Environment, Washington, D.C.
• Kevin Swindon, Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
| 10:05 AM||Who Owns Security?
Recent cybersecurity breaches have elevated the responsibility and consequences for cybersecurity to the highest echelons of company leadership. This panel will explore the increasingly strategic role security and privacy are taking in organizations, and how those responsible for security within those organizations can convey key performance indicators of cybersecurity to CEOs and Board members.
• Jigar Kadakia, Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer, Partners Healthcare
• Mark Steinhoff, Director, Deloitte & Touche LLP
• Chris Wysopal, Co-Founder & CTO, Veracode
| 10:50 AM||Networking Break|
| 11:10 AM||BREAK OUT SESSIONS:|
The Human Firewall
In an increasingly BYOD and BYOA world, mobile security and the human firewall – your organization’s employees – are of critical importance in maintaining defenses. Learn how to manage security within a growing mobile and cloud-based environment, and how to fortify identity and access management to minimize risk.
• Caleb Barlow, VP of Mobile Security, IBM
• Brian Milas, Chief Technology Officer, Courion
Securing Your Third Party Vendors
Your company and products may be secure, but what about those of third party vendors and supply chain partners? Explore the issues in managing cybersecurity risks in the end-to-end supply chain environment.
• Joshua Brickman, Director, Security Evaluations, Oracle
• Edna Conway, Chief Security Officer, Global Supply Chain, Cisco Systems, Inc.
• Sally Long, Executive Director, The Open Group
• Adam Woodbury, Principal Engineer, MITRE
| 12:00 PM||Networking Lunch|
| 12:40 PM|
BREAK OUT SESSIONS:
This session will address how companies can utilize the power of Big Data to improve situational awareness in order to provide preemptive defenses from multiple cybersecurity threats.
• Seble Assefa, Network Services Group, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
• Eric Cowperthwaite, Vice President, Advanced Security & Strategy, Core Security Inc.
• Mark Jaffe, Chief Executive Officer, Prelert
• Paul Roberts, Editor-in-Chief, Security Ledger
Rich Perkett, Vice President, Product Management & Engineering, Rapid7
Security for the Rest of Us
Small businesses face unique challenges in securing their (and their customers’) assets. This session will explore how organizations are addressing security concerns in small businesses, and maintaining the level of security their customers demand.
• Maxim Weinstein, Security Advisor, Sophos
| 1:35 PM||Selling Security
• Andy Ellis, Chief Security Officer, Akamai Technologies, Inc.
• Bryan House, Vice President, Global Accounts
• Andrew Kenney, Vice President, Platform Engineering
| 2:20 PM||Security in the Cloud
This session will explore recent incidents, such as Heartbleed and impact on and response of cloud service providers, as well as how to adapt cybersecurity processes and business applications for the cloud.
• Jim O'Neill, Chief Information Officer, Hubspot
• Piyum Samaraweera, Senior Director of Product Management for Cloud, Sophos
• Ron Zalkind, CTO, CloudLock
| 3:05 PM||Networking Break|
| 3:20 PM||Innovating in Information Security
This session will focus on how entrepreneurs, companies and investors all have an opportunity to help defend against information security attack. Discussion topics will range from what security challenges are gathering momentum, market insight, hiring employees and raising capital.
• Greg Dracon, Partner, .406 Ventures
• Kevin O’Brien, VP / Founding Team, Conjur, Inc.
• Jon Stavis, VP, Software Development & Product Management, Information Security & Risk, Fidelity
| 4:00 PM||Keynote: The Future of Incident Response
Protection and detection can only take you so far, and breaches are inevitable. As a result, response incident response has stepped into the spotlight. This session will examine the economic and psychological forces within the computer security field and describe the future of incident response (IR) and thus, the industry. It will discuss how response technology, unlike detective and preventative controls, must augment people rather than replace them. Understanding the implications of this reality requires a systems theory approach to IR. This session borrows one from the US Air Force: OODA loops. By leveraging the cycle of observe, orient, decide, and act, this session demonstrates how we can optimize IR efforts, and deliver valuable insight into what is arguably the most crucial discipline to maintaining IT security in the coming decade.
• Bruce Schneier, Chief Technology Officer, Co3 Systems
| 4:30 PM||Closing Remarks |
| 4:35 PM||Networking Cocktail Reception - with a view!|
The conference will conclude with a networking cocktail reception on the rooftop of the Federal Reserve.
Here is a sneak peak:
Interested in sponsoring this year's conference? Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Security Conference Advisory Board:|| |
- Gerry Beuchelt, Demandware (Co-Chair)
- Lee Weiner, Rapid7 (Co-Chair)
- Jack Bonner, MITRE
- Deb Briggs, NetScout
- Edna Conway, Cisco
- Justin Cuyler, Acquia
- Marc French, Constant Contact
- Patrick Harding, Ping Identity
- Mark Leary, Xerox
- Ken Leeser, Kaliber Data
- Nick Levay, Bit9
- Brian Milas, Courion
- Upesh Patel, Trusteer/IBM
- Ron Piccioli, Iron Mountain
- Michael Stewart, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Chris Wysopal, Veracode
- Ron Zalkind, CloudLock
- Stephen Zamierowski, Deloitte
ORDER YOUR TICKET BELOW: