Future of Robotics Summit
Join the continuously growing New England Robotics community for an important conversation on the Future of Robotics!
We’ll learn firsthand about the latest research coming out of our world class research institutions and explore opportunities for commercialization, partnerships, go to market strategies and the impact robotics has on the future of how we work, live, and play.
Research Topics range from Surgical Robotics and Next Generation Soft Wearable Robots to TeleRobots and Automated Vehicles
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs and Innovators – Technology Startups, University Professors and Student Researchers
- Robotics Community Leaders and Influencers – including CEOs, CTOs & CFOs
- Robotics Developers of all levels
- University Researchers and Students
- Anyone interested in learning about the Future of Robotics
RESEARCH PRESENTATIONS & TOPICS:
- Chris Amato, Northeastern University - Multi-Robot Coordination with Uncertainty and Limited Communication
- Harry Asada, MIT MechE - You can possess extra arms, legs, and fingers
- Whitney Crooks, Tufts University – Tufts Robotic Research
- Gregory Fischer, Worcester Polytech Institute – Medical Robotics Research
- Rod Grupen, University of Massachusetts Amherst - Robots that Believe
- Robert Howe, Harvard University - Robotic hands and tactical sensing
- Tomas Lozano-Perez, MIT/CSAIL - Autonomous mobile manipulation in the presence of uncertainty
- Roberto Tron, Boston University - Vision-based control and localization in multi-agent systems
- Conor Walsh, Harvard University - Next Generation Soft Wearable Robots
- Peter Whitney, Northeastern University - TeleRobot
- Holly Yanco, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Shlomo Zilberstein, University of Massachusetts Amherst - Transfer of Control in Semi-Autonomous Vehicles
Panel: Path to Commercialization and Partnering Opportunities:
Moderator: Mark Smithers, Boston Engineering
- Vinit Nijhawan, Boston University
- Vicki Barbur, The MITRE Corporation, Technology Transfer Office
- Andy Levine, Harvard Licensing IP
- Steve Paschall, MassRobotics Innovation Hub
Additional Discussion for those interested:
Finding your perfect match: Startups and Established Manufacturers
David Askey, Founder & CEO Ascend Robotics
Bill Laursen, Senior VP of Sales and Strategy at Coghlin Companies
- Discover methods to establish your own innovation network.
- Hear how successful manufacturers and startups found each other and maximized their relationships.
- Join the discussion led by Peter Russo, Director of Growth and Innovation for the MassMEP.
- Learn how you may benefit from the MassTLC/Robotics grant funded by MassDevelopment's Advanced Manufacturing Futures Program.
- Hear first-hand from a startup as well as an established manufacture during an informal “chat”
Join us after the Summit for Networking and Career Fair!
Learn More and RSVP >>
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Click here to view the attendee list.