Top Individual Awards at 2013 MassTLC Gala go to Jonathan Bush of athenahealth for CEO, Mark Kasdorf Of Intrepid Pursuits for Emerging Exec, and Vlad Sejnoha of Nuance Communications for CTO; Company of the Year Awarded to uTest (Private) and TripAdvisor (Public)
BOSTON, September 13, 2013 – More than 700 technology executives, entrepreneurs, investors and students packed the Westin Waterfront ballroom last night to walk the red carpet and celebrate the presentations of the 2013 MassTLC Leadership Awards. This was the event’s largest turnout in its 16-year history.
“The community came out in full force to celebrate an all-star line-up of finalists and winners,” said Tom Hopcroft, President and CEO of MassTLC. “The depth and breadth of technology innovation on exhibit is a testament to the caliber of the Massachusetts ecosystem. This year’s winners, from CEO of the Year to Start-Up to Watch, are the driving force in our economy and deserve our accolades and praise.”
View photos from the Gala.
Top Award Winners
- Jonathan Bush of athenahealth took the top honors in the CEO of the Year category, Vlad Sejnoha of Nuance Communications was awarded CTO of the Year and Mark Kasdorf of Intrepid Pursuits, Emerging Executive of the Year.
- Winners for the Company of the Year categories went to uTest for private company and TripAdvisor for public company.
- Infinio took home the 2013 Start-Up to Watch award, which was determined by the tech community through a public online voting process.
- Ubersense was named the 2013 winner in the Consumer Product of the Year category. Finalists in this category were determined by online vote prior to the Gala and the winner was determined by audience text voting during the actual event.
Honorary Award Winners
- Commonwealth Award: Ray Ozzie, Founder of Talkto and Groove Networks
- Policy Leader of the Year: Mayor Thomas M. Menino, City of Boston
- Workforce Development Leader: Elaine Mistretta, Math, Computer Science and Robotics Teacher, Haverhill High School
All 2013 Award Recipients
- CEO of the Year: Jonathan Bush, athenahealth
- Emerging Executive of the Year: Mark Kasdorf, Intrepid Pursuits
- CTO of the Year: Vlad Sejnoha, Nuance Communications
- Company of the Year - Private: uTest
- Company of the Year - Public: TripAdvisor
- Start-Up to Watch: Infinio
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Big Data: Localytics
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Cloud: Plexxi
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Digital Games: Disruptor Beam
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Ed Tech: Muzzy Lane
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Healthcare/Life Sciences: Vaxess Technologies
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Energy: WiTricity Corporation
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Mobile: Lilliputian Systems
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Robotics: Corindus Vascular Robotics
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Sales & Marketing: Vsnap
- Consumer Product of the Year: Ubersense
- Recruitment Video of the Year: PHT Corporation
A committee of over 60 industry executives, thought leaders and media were involved with the selection process for the nominees and determined the winners with the exception of Product of the Year and Start Up to Watch which were selected through online/text voting. For a full list of finalists and recipients in each category, please visit www.masstlcawards.org.
The 2013 MassTLC Leadership Awards program platinum sponsors are Cisco, GreenbergTraurig, Microsoft, pwc, Silicon Valley Bank and gold sponsors are Aericon, The Boston Globe, CA Technologies, KSquare Law, PTC, Raytheon and Sonus.
About The Mass Technology Leadership Council
The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region's leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors and policy leaders. MassTLC's purpose is to accelerate innovation by connecting people from across the technology landscape, providing access to industry-leading content and ideas and offering a platform for visibility for member companies and their interests. With a membership of 525 companies and growing, MassTLC is a vibrant tech community that serves its members in a myriad of ways including:
- Organizing and running active cluster communities including Big Data, Cloud, Mobile, Software Development, Energy, Healthcare, Robotics and Digital Games
- Hosting Boston's most exciting annual tech event, the MassTLC Innovation unConference
- Shining the spotlight on leaders in tech with an Annual Awards Program
- Supporting workforce development where you need it most
- Connecting companies with policy leaders
- Celebrating the technologies and leaders of the region
For more information on MassTLC visit www.masstlc.org.