About the Robotics Community
The MassTLC Robotics Cluster raises awareness for and spurs growth of the region’s thriving robotics industry. The cluster fosters economic development through education, knowledge-sharing, and relationship building among the region’s leading robotic companies, academic research laboratories, policy makers and others. The New England Robotics Ecosystem includes:
- Critical mass of world-class universities; including over 35 robotics R&D programs across 18 institutions
- Over 150 innovative companies producing and utilizing robotics applications serving over 11 different markets;
- New England Robotics Validation and Experimentation (NERVE) Center – UMass Lowell one of 3 NIST test facilities in the nation providing an indoor environment for testing ground based robotics/UMVs with various challenges and obstacles.
- Joint Base Cape Cod, an FAA joint test site with NY, one of six test sites for Unmanned Air Systems providing a secure environment for early stage outdoor field and environmental testing, including large AUV platforms.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute dedicated to ocean sciences, engineering, autonomous underwater vehicles development and testing
- Highly skilled workforce and supporting and related industries.
Looking for Community News Archives? Click Here.