Over 238 cities and towns — including at least ten from Massachusetts — submitted proposals for Amazon’s proposed $5 billion second headquarters. In addition to the Massachusetts state bid and the combined proposal from Boston and Revere, which offered a number of possible sites in the two cities, there were bids from the following Massachusetts communities:
- Fall River (Freetwon & Fall River)
- Lowell region (Billerica, Tewksbury, Lowell)
- Marlboough region (Marlborough, Hudson, Northborough, Southborough, & Westborough)
- Merrimack Valley (North Andover, Andover, Haverhill, Lawrence, & Methuen)
- New Bedford
- Weymouth region (Abington, Rockland, Weymouth)
The Boston proposal focused heavily on the area’s stengths:
- A highly educated workforce
- Large number of leading research universities
- Booming tech sector
- Strong community partners
MassTLC, along with other community partners, submitted a letter in support of the Boston proposal.
Read the full Massachusetts Amazon HQ2 bid.
Read the full Boston/Revere Amazon HQ2 bid.