Let’s Talk about Behavioral Health in Tech Companies (Series 1 of 4)
July 22 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree - $50.00
Now more than ever, tech leaders are concerned with the mental wellbeing of their workforce. MassTLC and MindWise Innovations have come together to provide a four-part behavioral health series to help tech executives better navigate the psychological safety and anti-stigma requirements in today’s workplace. This session will explore the following topics:
- Unique job demands and pressures
- Tech company MH stats in light of national stats
- Bright minds, creativity and cost of burnout balanced by innovative, gratifying successes
- Continuum of mental wellbeing – no system runs smoothly and identically at all times
- Psych Safety: Review main components of psychological safety &impact on individual/teams; intersecting of PS and behavioral health.
- How does an organization ensure the signs of presenteeism is recognized throughout – not just reserved for “management.” I.e. How would a SCRUM team of DevOps Team recognize and address presenteeism?
- Leadership sets the tone, leads by example in saying that mental health is a part of our overall health. Time to de-mystify and normalize what mental health means and how it affects us all. Vital for leadership to convey trust in employees and in peers
Presenter: Lisa K. Desai, Psy.D., Director, Behavioral Health Consulting, MindWise Innovations Lisa leads the development of new screening tools and innovative programs with the goal of reaching underserved populations. In her role, Lisa regularly consults with MindWise partners. She has been a practicing, licensed psychologist for 25 years, providing behavioral health services to youth, adults, and families. Lisa is fluent in Gujarati, and when not at work, she enjoys spending quality time with family and friends, exploring new cities, and attempting to cook Indian cuisine.