- This event has passed.
Valuing Neurodiversity in Tech (Series 3 of 4)
August 5, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Now more than ever, tech leaders are concerned with the mental wellbeing of their workforce. MassTLC and MindWise Innovations have come together to provide a four-part behavioral health series to help tech executives better navigate the psychological safety and anti-stigma requirements in today’s workplace. This session will explore the following topics:
This session will explore the following topics:
- Myths and Facts about neurodiverse individuals
- Cognitive and related skills which make tech a professional fit
- Specific enhanced cognitive skills including pattern recognition, attention to detail, sustained concentration, logical analysis and error detection.
- Unique struggles for those who identify as neurodiverse
- Contributions to teams and innovation
- Psych Safety: Leadership is attuned to new learnings and promotes conversations via conferences, workshops; creating and sustaining ERG groups; providing resources and systemic supports within the workplace.
- Psych safety – more need to understand how learning occurs and can be optimized across org.
Moderator: Lisa K. Desai, Psy.D., Director, Behavioral Health Consulting, MindWise Innovations
- Dan Tater, CEO and Co-Founder, ADK Group
- Leslie O’Brien, Program Manager, Aspire Works
- Sydney Gregory, CSM, Project Manager, Marketing Communications, US Chair, Neurodiversity Community, Red Hat