Licensing or litigating U.S. patents represents a significant investment for most manufacturing companies. Deciding which patents to assert can be complex, especially when your portfolio includes both method and device claims. Patent valuation and potential invalidity or unenforceability challenges also factor into the decision process. Early due diligence and strategic planning can position your company for success.
View this webinar for practical tips on things you can do now to increase your chances of success in future litigation or licensing.
- Selecting patents with an eye toward infringement and invalidity arguments
- Strategic use of continuation applications, reexamination, and reissue to strengthen your portfolio
- Working with inventors, commercial teams, and business managers before taking action
- Preparing for early litigation motions practice, including preliminary injunctions, motions to transfer, and motions to dismiss
- Assessing potential revenue from licensing, settlement, or damages
Daniel G. Chung