Massachusetts is home to inventors AND several thousand manufacturers. In an effort to ensure that what is developed in MA is made in MA, MassTLC is helping make connections that will provide long lasting relationships and support. We invited our hardware startup companies to tour two local manufacturing and supply chain vendors: Segue Manufacturing Services in Lowell and Excell Solutions in Billerica.
Segue Manufacturing Services provides contract manufacturing and engineering services. Segue works collaboratively with customers early in the design process and combines engineering services with manufacturing and supply chain resources. Their services include:
- Custom cable assemblies
- Custom control panels and power distribution box-builds and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Vertically integrated capabilities (PCB assembly, machining and plastic injection molding operations)
- Global sourcing program (network of 100+ qualified competitive suppliers)
- Local stocking and replenishment models (maintained in US distribution center)
- Quality systems that are ISO 9001-2008 and ISO-13485 registered, CI, UL and CSA compliant and certified to IPC 620-A-WHMA and IPCJ-STD-001D
Excell Solutions helps make companies more competitive through their product development and manufacturing process. For over 25 years they have helped companies simplify the ordering process, consolidate quality responsibility, help reduce project lead times, deliver parts finished and ready for use and are locally accessible for fast response. They have a 25,000 sq ft facility, staffed by highly skilled people running versatile equipment. They can work with almost any material and size: from rubber and ceramic to tungsten and battleship armor and from parts under 1 millimeter to over 20 feet. Their services include:
- Turning/Turn Mill, Milling
- Sheet Metal
- Engineering Solutions
- Prototype R&D
- 3D Profiling
- Water Jet
- Laser Engraver
- Assembly and Inventory Solutions.
For those who have never been on a manufacturing floor or seen an assembly of complex hardware – it was fascinating! Thanks to both Segue and Excell for hosting us.
Our next manufacturing tour will be help on March 15th at Columbia Tech in Westborough. It is open to to MassTLC members and MassRobotics and Greentown Labs hardware companies. Must be registered to attend and space is limited.