MassTLC’s Professional Women’s Community is a trusted group of professionals from cross-functional disciplines across all levels, who come together to explore best practices and network. The goal of this community is to expand member involvement, bringing emphasis on closing the gender gap to the forefront of the technology community and exploring fresh perspectives in 2020.
Who should be involved?
This group is for men and women who are involved in bridging the gap for women in tech inside their organization.
The Women’s programs will include quarterly community meetings, continuing to bring strength in content and involvement.
Programming will focus on the following topic areas:
- Creating or strengthening your ERG (employee retention group)
- Creating a gender inclusive strategy
- Leadership buy-in
- The business imperative
- Advancement and retention in the workforce
Types of Programs
- Monthly Virtual Peer Meetings (during COVID-19): Office-hour style discussions, where tech professionals meet regularly to network and discuss best practices and trends that affect them each day.
- MassTLC Central Online Platform – LAUNCHED 3/31/2020includes Professional Women’s Community Forum to supplement and continue online and in-person programming and discussions, for continued connection, knowledge sharing, and networking. It is an interactive platform that enables you to post directly on the site via desktop and mobile devices. MassTLC Central also offers email notifications from which you can join a conversation or post a comment.
2020 Timeline (subject to change):
- COMPLETE: January 22, 2020 – Peer meeting/Luncheon at Salesforce, Burlington – Culture that supports an empowered workforce.
- April: Community meeting, webinar. TBD
- May: Community meeting, webinar. TBD
- July: Professional Women’s Summit, TBD
How to be involved
Contact Community Manager Nayla Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org.