Last week’s collapse of Silicon Valley Bank has left the tech community stunned. Many local companies and venture capital firms were impacted by the failure and federal government takeover of this important funder of the tech startup community. To help those affected by the collapse, various organizations have put together resources to explain what happened and how companies can respond.
Here is a list of some of those resources:
- FDIC landing page (includes their most recent press release)
- Klaros Group: Resources for SVB depositors
- Berkeley Law Executive Education is hosting a webinar on March 13 to discuss the SVB collapse.
- Foley Hoag: webinar recording and resource page for staying ahead of developments
- Cooley: common questions regarding access to funds after failure of an FDIC-insured bank and video update
- WSGR: Addressing legal issues related to the Silicon Valley Bank closure
- Lowenstein Sandler: How VC-backed startups may extend payroll and avoid furloughs
- Goodwin Procter: FAQ about the Silicon Valley Bank situation in the U.S.
- Sidley: Implications of Silicon Valley Bank closure
- NVCA has compiled this set of resources to help companies navigate the situation
- Heather Cox Richardson explanation of what happened
- Forbes article on yearlong lead up to the collapse and the role of leadership and the board
We will continue to update this page, so please share any resources that you may have.