On Thursday, October 17th, over two dozen local tech companies will open their doors to hundreds of visitors during MassTLC’s annual NewCo Boston festival. Attendees will have an incredible opportunity to build their own adventures by creating a unique schedule – from among over four thousand possible combinations – for visiting your selection of companies during the festival.
Here are a few ideas for how you might put together your custom NewCo networking and learning experience.
THE EXEC TECH TREK – There are so many great leaders in our community, but they are busy people. NewCo gives you the chance to meet and interact with amazing leaders and hear their ideas right in their offices. Here are a few to get you started:
- Hollister Staffing Founder & CEO Kip Hollister on mindfulness in the workplace
- Lola.com CEO Mike Volpe on five critical tips to being the very best
- PatientPing Co-Founder & CEO Jay Desai on building a network, securing venture capital funding, and scaling
- Pegasystems Founder & CEO Alan Trefler on how we can build for change
- Privy CEO Ben Jabbawy on going from $1K in the bank to the Fortune 500
- Voatz Co-Founder & CEO Nimit Sawhney on mobile voting in elections & citizen-led audits
THE WOMEN IN TECH TREK – Whether you’re looking for big ideas, role models, mentors or inspiration, here are a few sessions with amazing women to add to your tech trek.
- Jeanne Hopkins, CMO of Lola.com on five critical tips to being the very best
- Rossitza Kotelova, Lead of Smart Behaviors of Piaggio Fast Forward on pedestrian robots and the future of walkability
- Kip Hollister, Founder & CEO of Hollister Staffing on mindfulness in the workplace
- Rachel LeBlanc, Assistant VP of Academic & Corporate Engagement of Worcester Polytechnic Institute on the future of work
- Jen McGinn, Director of User Experience of VMware via CloudHealth in a session called “So You Got Acquired. What’s Next? – A UX Perspective”
- Becca Perry, Applied Technology R&D Team of Wayfair on embracing complexity and experimentation at scale
THE “CAN’T MISS THIS” TREK – There are many fascinating sessions being led by leaders at some of the region’s most interesting companies. You wont want to miss these interesting stops on your tech trek. Pick a few from this list to help you get started on your trek:
- Brandeis Maker Lab on the startups that aim to repair the world with high-tech social enterprises
- Cybereason on the case for a post-breach mindset
- Foley Hoag on what you need to know about the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave Act
- Veson Nautical on Charting the Future of Shipping: Digital Transformation in the Maritime Industry
- Vecna Robotics on Workflows not robots will beat Amazon in the 21st-century economy
- WGBH takes you on a behind-the-scenes look at how WGBH is leveraging new technologies for innovative storytelling
So there you have it. You can build your agenda by title, function, sector, geography, topic, and more. It’s time to create your custom experience. Sessions are already filling up so be sure to register and build your agenda today.