Technology Entrepreneurship for Girls Ages 10-18.
No Experience Necessary. Free to Everyone.
Technovation & TechnovationMA
Technovation Girls, a flagship program of non-profit Technovation, is the world’s largest global tech entrepreneurship competition for girls. The program offers girls around the world the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to emerge as tech entrepreneurs and leaders. Every year, Technovation Girls challenges 10 to 18 year old girls to build a business plan and mobile app that will address a community problem. Since 2009, over 15,000 girls have participated from over 100 countries.
TechnovationMA—the regional round of Technovation Girls—serves all girls aged 10-18 across Massachusetts and RI and is run by the MassTLC Ed Foundation. The Ed Foundation recruits members of the tech community to support teams by serving as mentors, coaches, and judges and has developed workshops including: mentor training, beginner and advanced MIT App Inventor courses, understanding UX/UI, creating business plans, and pitching.
TechnovationMA 2020 Calendar
- October 12, 2020 – Registration for 2021 opens
- December 14, 2020 – Season Kickoff & Ask Me Anything Webinar
- January 11, 2021 – Official start of the season
- January 25, 2021 – Market Research & Ideation workshop
- February 8, 2021 – Office Hours/Ask Me Anything
- February 22, 2021 – Online workshop: technical focus
- March 8, 2021 – Office Hours/Ask Me Anything
- March 12, 2021 – Last day to register
- March 22, 2021 – Online workshop: topic TBD
- April 4, 2021 – Office Hours/Ask Me Anything
- April 19, 2021 – Submission deadline
- April 22- June 16, 2021 – Judging
- August 2021 – Technovation World Summit
Mentors support teams of girls participating in the Technovation Girls program. Mentors help their teams become leaders. They learn with their teams and help them problem solve, while also supervising girls through their journey. Mentors can be teachers, parents, after school coordinators, community leaders, or professionals.