Technology Entrepreneurship for Girls Ages 10-18.
No Experience Necessary. Free to Everyone.
Technovation & TechnovationMA
Technovation Girls, a flagship program of non-profit Technovation, is the world’s largest global tech entrepreneurship competition for girls. The program offers girls around the world the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to emerge as tech entrepreneurs and leaders. Every year, Technovation Girls challenges 10 to 18 year old girls to build a business plan and mobile app that will address a community problem. Since 2009, over 15,000 girls have participated from over 100 countries.
TechnovationMA—the regional round of Technovation Girls—serves all girls aged 10-18 across Massachusetts and RI and is run by the MassTLC Ed Foundation. The Ed Foundation recruits members of the tech community to support teams by serving as mentors, coaches, and judges and has developed workshops including: mentor training, beginner and advanced MIT App Inventor courses, understanding UX/UI, creating business plans, and pitching.
TechnovationMA 2019 Calendar
- October 1, 2018 – Registration for 2019 is Open! Register now.
- November 27, 2018 – Introduction to the 2019 Technovation Challenge: What it takes to be a coach (webinar)
- December 8, 2018 – Technovation Kickoff and Ideation Workshop
- January 19, 2019 – MIT App Inventor Workshop, Beginner Session, Boston, MA
- January 26, 2019 – MIT App Inventor Workshop, Beginner Session, Providence, Rhode Island
- March – UI/UX Workshop
- March 9, 2019 – MIT App Inventor Workshop, Advanced Session
- March 19, 2019 – Business Plan and Pitch Workshop
- March 30, 2019 – UX/UI Workshop
- May 11, 2019 – Final Showcase
Mentors support teams of girls participating in the Technovation Girls program. Mentors help their teams become leaders. They learn with their teams and help them problem solve, while also supervising girls through their journey. Mentors can be teachers, parents, after school coordinators, community leaders, or professionals.