On April 10-12, close to 70 local tech companies will open their doors to about 1,000 visitors during the annual NewCo Boston festival, powered by MassTLC. Attendees have the incredible opportunity to build their own schedules – from about 70 million possible combinations – for visiting your selection of a dozen companies during the festival.
Here are three ideas for how you might put together your custom NewCo networking and learning experience.
1 – There are so many great leaders in our community, but they are busy people. Put together your own Exec Trek where you can meet and interact with amazing leaders and their ideas right in their offices. Here are a few to get you started:
- Mohamad Ali, CEO of Carbonite, on Transitioning from a B2C to a B2B Brand
- Gary Ambrosino, CEO of TimeTrade, on How AI is Transforming Customer Engagement
- Jonathan Bingham, CEO & Co-Founder of Janeiro Digital, on Digital Transformation for Market Leadership
- David Block-Schachter, CTO of the MBTA, on How to Innovate in a Government Agency Heavy on Infrastructure
- Lior Div, CEO & Co-Founder of Cybereason, on Leadership Lessons from a Former Nation-State Hacker
- Abby Maxman, President & CEO of Oxfam America, From Drones to Digital Technology in the Fight Against Poverty & Injustice
- Seth Priebatsch, CEO of LevelUp, on A Deliberate Approach to Scaling Culture
- Patrick Reynolds, CMO of SessionM, on Smarter Engagement for Greater Loyalty
- Julie Yoo, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer at Kyruus, on Moneyball for Doctors – Matching Patients to the Right Providers
- Mike Zani, CEO of The Predictive Index, on Decoding Human Behavior in the Workplace
2 – Women are underrepresented in the tech sector at a cost of about 78,000 potential workers, but at NewCo Boston there are plenty of opportunities to hear from women as well as men. Whether you’re looking for big ideas, role models, mentors or inspiration, here are a few to help you get started.
- Vangie Cleversey, SVP of Customer Success at Acquia, on Digital Transformation, Freedom from Constraint, Radical Transparency, and Mutual Respect Between Partners
- Christina DeRosa, Chief Product & Marketing Officer at Agero, on Using Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, and Data-Driven Intelligence to Innovate on a Massive Scale
- Sarah deSimas, Operations & Development Manager at District Hall, on Innovation as a Public Resource: The Importance of Placemaking and Community Building
- Julie Ferland, General Manager at Shell TechWorks, on Open Innovation at Shell Delivering Competitive and Affordable Technology Necessary for the Energy Transition
- Kelly Hall, Vice President of Client Delivery at Wellist, on What the Healthcare System Thinks a Patient Wants May Have Nothing To Do With What They Need Most
- Lora Kratchounova, Principal at Scratch Marketing + Media, on the Brand New World of Marketing and Publicity for Tech Companies – What’s Possible Today?
- Rebecca Menapace, Associate Provost for Innovation & Executive Director of the Office of Technology Licensing at Brandeis University, on How We *Really* Increase Representation in STEAM & a Demo of the Hands-On MakerLab
- Jenni Milne, Product Manager at Formlabs, on 3D Printing Innovation in the Heart of Somerville
- Monna Nanavati, COO of Docent Health, on Using Technology-enabled, Human-driven Strategies to Develop Enduring Relationships with Patients
- Kriss Wobbe, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies at WPI, on Solving globally impactful problems, such as Food Sustainability, Powering the World, and Accessing Clean Water
3- Talent acquisition and retention is the number one growth catalyst on the minds of tech leaders and an area that many leaders want to explore. Put together your own topically focused Talent Trek to meet and interact with other leaders working on tech talent. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Building a Culture of Internal Innovation with Mike Festa, Director of WayfairNext at Wayfair
- Building an Agile Culture Beyond Technology with Amy Jackson, Senior Manager, plus Melissa Rockman, Agile Coach, at Vistaprint
- Developing and Engaging Diverse Talent with Claritza Abreu, President & CEO of Latinc Corporation
- Diving into the Wild World of Workplace Transparency with Jerolim “Jere” Filippi, Global Head of Product Development at Kununu
- Employee Driven Community Service Drives Business Results with Jeanne Hopkins, EVP & CMO, plus Steven Rotman, Chief People Officer, at Ipswich
- Everyone is an Innovator, Not Just the “Creatives” with Steve Dry, Innovation Expert at PA Consulting
- How to Build a Culture that Fuels Success with Steven Minsky, CEO & Founder of LogicManager
- Making the World a Better Place to Work with Manjuri Layne, Director of Sales at Reward Gateway
- Modern Workspaces and Employee Perks with Brian Kavanaugh, US Marketing Manager at Bynder
- Work is Not a Place; the Rise of the Flexible Workforce with Fuze
So there you have it. You can build your agenda by title, function, sector, geography, topic, gender and more. It’s time to create your custom experience. Sessions are already filling up so be sure to register and build your agenda today.