The MassTLC Tech Top 50 celebrates tech companies and leaders across the region who have made a significant impact in the community during the past 12 month. This year, we are excited to recognize winners across 8 categories: Best Pivot to Meet the New World, Business Accomplishment, Company Culture, Inclusivity Impact, Leadership, New Company of the Year, Tech for Good: Social Responsibility, and Tech to Watch.
Forty-nine honorees were chosen across these categories, with the final recognition, the Mosaic Award, given to Chevalier “Chevy” Cleaves, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer of MIT Lincoln Laboratory, for his work creating access and opportunity for future leaders. View the full list of winners, here.
Over the course of the next few weeks, we’ll be sharing more about each of the recipients to spotlight their accomplishments and their impact on customers, partners, employees, and the broader community.
Today, meet Verizon, one of this year’s honorees for Inclusivity Impact.
Describe how your company has incorporated DEI into the organization and tell us why your company embarked on this DEI work.
Verizon is committed to fostering an inclusive environment. Diversity is one of our most powerful competitive advantages and helps us connect more meaningfully with our customers and society.
By celebrating diversity across all spectrums, including but not limited to race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran/military status, and age, we are a stronger company and culture. We take pride in our talented and diverse team of people who focus on our customers, every day. Their combined intelligence, spirit and creativity make Verizon a great place to work, learn and grow. Diversity and inclusion is how we achieve success.
Verizon has implemented a number of initiatives to foster an inclusive environment:
- Verizon supports ten employee resource groups that provide a forum for professional and personal development, celebrating diversity and solving unique business challenges across Verizon’s diverse customer base.
- Across the globe, and across all of Verizon, we have 100% pay equity in salary for women and men.
- Verizon focuses on supplier diversity to build a supply chain as diverse as the communities we serve. In 2020 alone, we spent directly and indirectly, nearly $5.7 billion in goods and services with diverse suppliers, including minority, women, veteran, service-disabled veteran, LGBT, and disability owned businesses.
- In 2020 Verizon published its first Human Capital Report 2020 where we measure our movement towards a more diverse V Team.
What success have these programs/initiatives achieved for your company?
Verizon has gotten significant recognition for its initiatives:
- #3 Military Friendly Company on the 2021 Military Friendly Company List, 2021
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality, 2020 – 5th Year with 100% Score on the Corporate Equality Index
- Working Mother Best 100 Company
- Scored 100% in in the 2020 Disability Equality Index
- Named to the 2020 Best Company for Diversity list from Comparably
- Ranked 11th in the Association for Talent Development 2019 BEST Award
What does it mean to be recognized with the other Tech Top 50 honorees?
We sincerely appreciate the Mass Technology Leadership Council for highlighting companies who focus on creating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. It’s a true pleasure and honor to be recognized among the distinguished Tech Top 50 honorees, and we congratulate each of them for their dedication and success.
Learn more about Tech Top 50 and meet all the winners, here.